Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer of Colour Week 2

So last week I did  a butterfly but didn't plan on that because I was unsure as to whether I would do the challenge or not, but, after seeing so many of my blog friends joining in. I jumped in full tilt. 
From here on as a practise and a challenge with colour I am making a mini journal with faces of each week's colour prompts from Kristin's SOC 2 Challenge.

So here is week 2's flavour- Mint Chocolate. 
This colour looks more blue to me but I used greens in my piece as mint is green and not blue. I hope everyone else is recognizing the colour as I do.
 If not then I must be coloured blind. Here is my take on this weeks prompt. I painted this watercolour paper with all acrylics, layers of homemade stencils and gesso with Bittersweet chocolate Delta acrylic and Americana Hauser light and medium greens. I didn't have any small flowers in my stash so I used a die and cut my own then painted them, I put polka dots on them, loving dots lately, I even used alcohol ink on a pearl embelly on the center of the green flower. And if you look close enough you may see a little cone hanging in her hair. 
I have been trying to visit the artists doing this challenge, I hope I can stop by most of them for a visit and see their takes on this event. 
Thanks again Kristin for a wonderful and playful time over at SOC 2.
TTFN ♥

28 comments:

  1. Another beauty! O my, I thought mint was green too, but I decided to go with the colors I saw on my screen. These colors are lovely too ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art work is totally inspirational Lesley,
    hugs, Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Les... I just LOVE her... she looks so elegant... and another beautiful background... so loving your gorgeous style...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely piece! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is so pretty - I love her dreamy expression :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh she is lovely les...i went with more green too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks so thoughtful, love teh softness of the image. I went with bluegreens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little cone dangling down her ear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so pretty.....she looks so wistful

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is beautiful...looks like such a lady....lovely background too...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful piece of work - just lovely, and so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, she is so gorgeous!. Lovely art journal page and such velvety colors. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful in a melancholy way - BJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley this is simply wonderful... great shading on the face and I like just the touches of green... wishing I had taken that route after seeing this...xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your piece, she is so pretty.

    As you know, I did the mint is green too, then I saw the color of the inspiration image and said oops. But it was too late to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is lovely - I'm liking the wistfulness. The cone hanging there is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's so sweet and beautiful - and the little cone is a stroke of genius!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so sweet looking Les.. love her.. and the little cone.. just perfect..
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the soft background and was so tickled by the ice cream cone hanging from her hair! Now there's a girl who loves ice cream.

    Even your page background matches the challenge colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so gorgeous and I lovo love love her ice-earring ;))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I love this, especially the little cone on her curl! (I too thought the original photo of the mint ice cream was too blue on my computer, always eating green ice cream as a child...! I used green with a wee bit of blue mixed in...!)~Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...