Friday, October 21, 2011

A new twist to birdcage dies

I am just busting to show you how these turned out. I have had this in my brain for months. While taking a computer break for a couple days and hubs has been getting work I thought I would tinker with these and they came out sooooo cute. I used 2 birdcage dies and cut these out of chipboard (cereal and cracker boxes) in the Cuttlebug. I cut 2 for each and then glued them together to make them stable. I did painting, heat embossing, more paint and sanding and really distressed them. Added the birds and some stamped words, ribbons, bells, I love those bells and all kinds of glitz. I really love the blue one and also the purple one. I couldn't stop at one, I must have 10 or more of these babies. I am going to take them to the Sweet Sentiments sale in a couple weekends and try to sell them and if any left over to the Christian High School sale. I think they are so darn cute.
                                                      


   

                                                                             And here are more mini dominoes and I wasn't sure they would take any drilling but I drilled a small hole in the bottom used a jump ring and added a little jingle bell. Now that turned out cute didn't it? These would also be cute on winter coats for zipper pulls, key chains for the season, necklaces or an altered project or swap.
My painting is dwindling down now and next inchie houses and more goodies.
Thanks for dropping by.
Oh and my car is finally fixed. Who would have thought that your door locks would cause a dead short and drain your battery? Well after all the wiring was checked and 2 weeks later, they found the problem. Now the bill, YIKES. I better sell lots in the next couple weeks or Christmas may be a little lean this year.
Take care all.
Lesley

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your Christmassy birdcages Lesley - what a fab idea, now why didn't I think of that - lol. May just have to copy that as the birdcage is one of my favourite dies.

    Your dominos look good too. Good luck with your sales, not that you'll need it as I bet they'll all fly out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, these are all so inspiring...I especially love the middle bird cage ! the colors work so great for the season. Your mini dominoes are terrific!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    xox
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley OMG they are darling and thanks to you i have that die.... thanks alot.. I make Xmas card each year and if it's okay with you they would make wonderful cards .. how cute that they would hang from the xmas tree....how was your Thankgiving?? lots of food i hope..have a great weekend Hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, not you too with car trouble! I have had enough of cars for this year! I love the little bells, in fact, I came across some just the other day and bought a packet! Mine are all gold, but nothing that a dose of alcohol ink cant change...

    Great bird cages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL Les!! I just love that birdcage die, and so MANY uses for it!!! I'm planning to decorate the tree this year in red birds, and have been making birdcages for ornies as well. Is the little bird a die as well? Oh, and are both birdcage shapes the same die that you've modified or are they two different dies? TFS, I always love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley what adorable Christmas bird cages love the colors. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly love everything I see. Those bird cages are especially adorable.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling bird cages Lesley. i read your top post and had visions of you climbing through the trunk. Good thing you got the key to work. LOL
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...